This year the company celebrates its 40th anniversary. From a small 'cottage industry' in 1981 to one of the largest and most respected case manufacturers around.
We have the ability to tackle almost any flightcase project, large or small, complex or simple and pride ourselves on prompt and efficient service, with extremely quick delivery times. Our Sales Team can react to urgent requirements and can work closely with the client to discuss specific needs. Our flight case production facilities are also well equipped to cope with tight deadlines.
In 2000, 5 Star Cases Limited further strengthened its position by acquiring Mossman Trunks. This added the classic brand and along with it, the popular range of school trunks and luggage to our company's already extensive range of flight cases and foam inserts. Since acquiring Mossman, we have added many new products to existing range, including coffee table trunks, bedside cabinets and laundry baskets. All of which find many uses around the home.
More recently, our company added Pro-Tect Bags & Covers to its manufacturing facilities. Pro-Tect produces high quality padded bags and covers for a wide variety of applications and industries which compliment the extensive range of flightcases produced by us.
- 1981 - 5 Star Cases is founded by John Sparrow.
- 1988 - Monkey Business Music Ltd. acquires 5 Star Cases from John Sparrow.
- 1989 - Wisbech-based Flexiplas Ltd. acquires 5 Star Cases.
- 1991 - Flexiplas Ltd. acquires Ipswich-based Pro-Tect Cases.
- 1992 - Flexiplas Ltd. is sold to Beaverco PLC. Jim Willis and Lesley Jones retains 5 Star Cases.
- 1993 - Keith Sykes, formerly of Pro-Tect Cases is made a director and shareholder of 5 Star Cases Ltd.
- 1999 - 5 Star invests in its first CNC machine.
- 1999 - Company moves to new premises on the outskirts of Wisbech.
- 2000 - 5 Star Cases Ltd. acquires Mossman® Trunks Ltd.
- 2004 - A second CNC machine is added to production
- 2008 - Keith Sykes acquires 5 Star Cases Ltd., Mossman® Trunks Ltd., and 5 Star Group Holdings Ltd. is incorporated. Jim Willis retires.
- 2010 - Investment in a third CNC machine is made.
- 2014 - Pro-Tect Bags & Covers is set up to compliment the range of products.
- 2015 - Justin Locks is made a director and shareholder of 5 Star Cases Ltd.
- 2016 - 5 Star Cases Ltd. sets up a manufacturing plant in Dongguan, China.
- 2018 - The company exceeds 90 staff at its site in Wisbech.
- 2020 - Justin Locks takes over the reins as Managing Director. Keith Sykes takes a back seat after 29 years with the company!
- 2020 - Ingus Lasinskis is promoted to Operations Director.
The company is based in the heart of the East Anglian Fens and occupies a site of more than 35,000 square feet which includes production, administration and storage facilities. It is well equipped with modern production systems including three Multicam large-format CNC machining centres, three automatic and semi-automatic extrusion profile saws, four hot-melt adhesive systems and three foam bandknife saws. Together with two die-cut hydraulic foam presses, extrusion profile punches and a panel laminating line for flight case manufacture, this ensures 5 Star’s capabilities are second to none.
Currently our company has around fifty staff, across all departments...many of whom have been with the company for many years. Training is a key part of our operation and staff from all departments take part in regular sessions including Health & Safety, Marketing and other business-related topics.
5 Star Cases Limited
Broadend Industrial Estate
Telephone number: 01945 427 000
Reg. No: 02757991
VAT No: 599 557 754